FSM Congress News
National election office declares winners of national election 2013
PALIKIR, POHNPEI. March 13, 2013. The Office of the National Elections Director today certified official results of the Congressional General Elections held on March 5, 2013 to seat the two-year members of the upcoming Eighteenth Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia.
National Election Director Albert T. Welly declared the winning national candidates in the States of Kosrae, Pohnpei and Yap. According to his letter, the candidates who received the plurality of votes cast of the Congressional General Election are:
- from the State of Kosrae, Paliknoa T. Welly with total votes of 2,106;
- from the State of Yap, Isaac V. Figir with total votes of 2,692; and
- from the State of Pohnpei:
- Dohsis Halbert with a total count of 2,489 from the state’s Congressional District 1;
- Berney Martin with 2,981 from Congressional District 2; and
- David W. Panuelo with a total vote of 2,124 from Congressional District.
For the Congressional General Election for the State of Chuuk, the National Election Director’s letter noted that declaration for “the winning candidates for Chuuk State shall be made after the National Election Commissioner has completed and certified the result…”
When the Office of the National Election Office completes its final certification and declaration, the winners of the Congressional General Elections of March 5, 2013 will look forward to the opening of the incoming Eighteen Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia scheduled to convene on May 11, 2013.
- ### -
Information about the Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia is
available through the:
P.O. Box PS-3
? Palikir, Pohnpei 96941
T: (691) 320-2324
? F: (691) 320-5122